Residential Landlord Insurance

Your residential properties are important assets and need special protection. We provide coverage to meet your needs as a landlord, whether for just one flat or multiple properties. While your tenants may have their own rental insurance coverage, their policies will not cover your losses as the building owner. While law does not mandate landlord coverage, most mortgage lenders require it. Building and content insurance, landlord liability, loss of rent, and more are all part of your domestic landlord coverage.

With our coverage, you can make changes to your existing policy at any time, make easy claims, and tailor your insurance to meet the needs of your property. We offer...

  • Building insurance coverage
  • Public liability cover in the event a claim is made against you as the landlord: this covers you if a tenant or individual holds you accountable for damage, either possessions or personal injury. The public liability coverage provides funds to you as the commercial landlord to pay legal costs and damages to claimant, if you are found at fault.
  • Employers' Liability Insurance to cover any claims made by injured employees in the workplace
  • Accidental and intentional property damage coverage, as well as coverage for thefts by tenants
  • New-for-old contents coverage
  • Coverage to provide funds for tenants to seek rehousing following a flood or fire (terms and conditions apply)
  • If your property is not habitable after a flood or fire, your insurance coverage can provide funds to cover the loss of rental income
  • Geyser breakdown coverage (repair or replacement, terms and conditions apply)
  • Glass and lock replacement
  • Easy claims process with specialist claims representative
  • Multi-property discounts for more than one property covered under one policy


Please provide the most accurate, up to date information as possible regarding your property, coverage needs, and contact information. This information helps to provide you with the most accurate and cost-effective insurance coverage quote to you; if any information is incorrect, it could affect your policy and coverage. If your contact, property, or any other circumstances change between the policy purchase date and the coverage start date, you must contact your insurer us as soon as possible in order to make sure your policy stays current so that any changes do not affect your policy.

If you need to make changes to your policy or contact information once your policy is active, you may call your insurer to make changes to your policy. You can cancel your policy at any time while it is active.

In order to qualify for insurance coverage, neither you, nor your directors or business partners cannot have any of the following circumstances:

  • Have had insurance coverage denied or special conditions imposed by insurance company
  • Have been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence
  • Have been subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
  • Have not had more than four claims in the last three years

In order to qualify for insurance coverage, the building:

  • Must be made solely of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials other than flat roofs.
  • Not be heated by methods other than electricity, natural gas, or fixed central heating system and open fires
  • The building must not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be maintained
  • The level of security of your property must meet your insurer's minimum security requirements

In order to qualify for insurance coverage, your business and you must:

  • Comply with all your legal obligations as a landlord
  • Lease your spaces/property for at least six months

In order to qualify for insurance coverage, your property(ies) must:

  • Be built solely of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials other than flat roofs
  • Be maintained in a good state of repair
  • Not be used as holiday homes
  • Must not be sub-let

With our insurance coverage, your property(ies) must not be occupied or leased as:

  • Halfway houses
  • Bedsits
  • Housing associations
  • Asylum seekers

With our insurance coverage, your tenants must:

  • All tenants must sign a tenancy agreement and only residents who have signed the agreement shall permanently reside at the property unless they are members of the same family, the partner of the tenant, or individuals under the age of 18 who the tenant is a legal guardian for.

Customer Reviews

Our Rating
Customer Review
4.5 /5
Customer Testimonials

"Great service from beginning to end"

Phumzile Nxasana

Standard cover includes:

  • Subsidence
  • Unlimited glass cover
  • Property owners liability
  • Employers liability
  • Legal expenses

Optional cover - choose from:

  • Buildings
  • Landlords contents
  • Loss of rent
  • Accidental damage

See what we can do for you Get instant quote