Hotel and Guest House Insurance
Operating a small inn, guest house, bed & breakfast, or hotel is a big business endeavor with lots of concerns. With so many challenges and possible issues, hotel and guest house insurance provides the coverage you need to protect your establishment. Our policies protect your many employees while on the job, as well as your hotel guests, in the event someone is hurt and your business is found responsible. Hotel/guest house insurance also provides you coverage from potential loss of income from a damaging event that forced you to close like a major storm or fire. Hotel and Guest House insurance gives you the assurance you need as a business owner to protect your assets, including coverage for any furniture in guest rooms and the building itself.
With our hotel and guest house insurance, you can cater your policy and coverage to fit the size and needs of your establishment. And if you add staff or grow the business, we'll work with you to update your existing policy to cover all your needs.
With our coverage, you can make changes to your existing policy at any time, make easy claims, and tailor your insurance to meet the needs of your property. We offer...
- Coverage for all the contents of your guest house or hotel (linens, guest room furniture, etc.)
- Public & product liability for public injury or property damage
- Employers' liability for damages, legal costs & expenses for employee injury
- Loss of income insurance for an insured incident
- Accidental damage to business contents
- Building coverage
- Contents of your living space, if your home is on the same premises as Hotel / Guest House
Please provide the most accurate, up to date information as possible regarding your property, coverage needs, and contact information. This information helps to provide you with the most accurate and cost-effective insurance coverage quote to you; if any information is incorrect, it could affect your policy and coverage. If your contact, property, or any other circumstances change between the policy purchase date and the coverage start date, you must contact your insurer us as soon as possible in order to make sure your policy stays current so that any changes do not affect your policy.
If you need to make changes to your policy or contact information once your policy is active, you may call your insurer to make changes to your policy. You can cancel your policy at any time while it is active.
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, neither you, nor your directors or business partners cannot have any of the following circumstances:
- Have had insurance coverage denied or special conditions imposed by insurance company
- Have been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence
- Have been subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
- Have not had more than four claims in the last three years
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, the building of your Hotel or Guest House:
- Must be made solely of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials other than flat roofs.
- Not be heated by methods other than electricity, natural gas, or fixed central heating system and open fires
- The building must not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be maintained
- The level of security of your restaurant must meet our minimum security requirements
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, your Hotel or Guest House business must not:
- Organise any events away from your premises
Our RatingCustomer Review
"You managed to get us a much better deal on our business insurance for our guesthouse – a big thank you to Thembani in your call centre for being so helpful."
Jeff & Tanya Jacobs
Standard cover includes:
- Business interruption
- Guests effects
- Unlimited glass cover
- Public and products liability
- Goods in transit
- Deterioration of frozen foods
- Employers liability
- Legal expenses
Optional cover - choose from:
- Tenants improvements
- Wines and spirits
- Private household contents
- Electronic business equipment
See what we can do for you Get instant quote