Commercial Landlord Insurance
Our insurance is designed to protect you and your property. It's important as a commercial property owner that you have the proper coverage for yourself, your building, and your tenants. Commercial coverage not only provides for losses to your building in the event of accidents, fires, or other property damage, but more importantly protects you as the business owner in the event something happens to your tenant, a customer, or their businesses too. It's important to note that while it is not required for a commercial landlord to have a separate insurance policy for the property, it is usually a necessity for mortgage lenders.
With high coverage levels and options, our commercial landlord insurance provides your commercial real estate with the security you need to cover your assets.
With our coverage, you can make changes to your existing policy at any time, make easy claims, and tailor your insurance to meet the needs of your property. We offer…
- Building insurance coverage
- Public liability in the event a claim is made against you as the landlord: this covers you if a tenant or individual holds you accountable for damage, either possessions or personal injury. The public liability coverage provides funds to you as the commercial landlord to pay legal costs and damages to claimant, if you are found at fault.
- Employers' Liability Insurance to cover any claims made by injured employees in the workplace
- Accidental and intentional property damage coverage, as well as coverage for thefts by tenants
- New-for-old contents coverage
- Coverage to provide funds for tenants to seek rehousing following a flood or fire (terms and conditions apply)
- If your property is not habitable after a flood or fire, your insurance coverage can provide funds to cover the loss of rental income
- Geyser breakdown coverage (repair or replacement, terms and conditions apply)
- Glass and lock replacement
- Easy claims process with specialist claims representative
- Multi-property discounts for more than one property covered under one policy
Please provide the most accurate, up to date information as possible regarding your property, coverage needs, and contact information. This information helps to provide you with the most accurate and cost-effective insurance coverage quote to you; if any information is incorrect, it could affect your policy and coverage. If your contact, property, or any other circumstances change between the policy purchase date and the coverage start date, you must contact your insurer us as soon as possible in order to make sure your policy stays current so that any changes do not affect your policy.
If you need to make changes to your policy or contact information once your policy is active, you may call your insurer to make changes to your policy. You can cancel your policy at any time while it is active.
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, neither you, nor your directors or business partners cannot have any of the following circumstances:
- Have had insurance coverage denied or special conditions imposed by insurance company
- Have been convicted of or charged (but not yet tried) with a breach of any health and safety legislation or any other criminal offence
- Have been subject to bankruptcy or insolvency orders which are either outstanding or have been discharged for less than 5 years
- Have not had more than four claims in the last three years
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, the building:
- Must be made solely of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials other than flat roofs.
- Not be heated by methods other than electricity, natural gas, or fixed central heating system and open fires
- The building must not require any repair or refurbishment to make them secure or water tight and will be maintained
- The level of security of your property must meet your insurer's minimum security requirements
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, your business and you must:
- Comply with all your legal obligations as a landlord
- Lease your spaces/property for at least six months
In order to qualify for insurance coverage, your property(ies) must:
- Be built solely of brick, stone, or concrete and roofed solely of slates, tiles, asphalt, concrete, metal or other incombustible materials other than flat roofs
- Be maintained in a good state of repair
- Not be used as holiday homes
- Must not be sub-let
With our insurance coverage, your property(ies) must not be occupied or leased as:
- Halfway houses
- Housing associations
- Asylum seekers
With our insurance coverage, your tenants must:
- All tenants must sign a tenancy agreement and only residents who have signed the agreement shall permanently reside at the property unless they are members of the same family, the partner of the tenant, or individuals under the age of 18 who the tenant is a legal guardian for.
Our RatingCustomer Review
"We struggled to find a trustworthy and experienced insurance agent to get us suitable insurance for our properties…but you guys were amazing! We found exactly what we needed"
Standard cover includes:
- Unlimited glass cover
- Property owners liability
- Employers liability
- Legal expenses
Optional cover - choose from:
- Landlords contents
- Loss of rent
- Accidental damage
See what we can do for you Get instant quote