Insurance for employers

Employees are the lifeblood of our company. Without them, our business won’t function.  With this is a great responsibility on the employer’s part to have employer’s liability insurance.  You can use this for your regular and permanent staff, and even for short-term staff, contractors, and casual workers.


Insuring temporary workers

If you employ contractors, short-term staff, or casual workers, you are also required by law to have employers’ liability insurance. SwiftCover provides temporary workers’ insurance for a variety of businesses.  Contact us to find out more about temporary workers’ coverage.

What is employers’ liability insurance?

Employers’ liability insurance covers your business in case an employee claims for an illness or injury within the workplace or while doing work for you.  It may be a requirement for your business if you employ one or more people.


Do I need employers’ liability insurance?

If you have one or more employees, contractors, temporary staff, or casual workers, you may be required to have employers’ liability insurance.


Make sure to let our Insurers know the exact number of employees and contractors you have in your business so that they can give you a proper quote.

Reducing your claim risk

Make sure that your business applies good health and safety practices as this is your defence against the chances of accidents and illnesses.  Make sure you follow the regulations of your industry and carry out risk assessments with your team.

Employee Claims

Some injuries or illnesses take time to show symptoms and actually manifest.  So, it is possible that a claim may be made by a former employee after he has already stopped working for your company.  This is covered by employer’s liability insurance, but you have to make sure you have all the insurance documentation, even if it has already expired.

Customer Reviews

Our Rating
Customer Review
4.5 /5
Customer Testimonials

"Your Employers Liability insurance policy is fantastic. It provides great cover at a very competitive price."

Rudy Bronkhorst

Employers Liability cover is available for the following businesses:

  • Pubs
  • Wine Bars
  • Takeaways
  • Restaurants
  • Fish and Chip Shops
  • Cafes
  • Sandwich Shops
  • Hairdressers
  • Beauty Salons
  • Hotels
  • Guest Houses
  • Retail Shops
  • Commercial Landlords
  • Residential Landlords

See what we can do for you Get instant quote